- Kali Linux is most popular among ethical hackers and penetration testers.
- Few years back it was known as Backtrack.
- Kali is debian based operating system and it comes with 600+ tools.
- Kali Linux has a strong user base.
- Kali Linux is an open source project that is maintained and funded by Offensive Security.
Download Kali here.>https://www.kali.org/downloads/
- BackBox is pentesting operating system based on Ubuntu.
- It contains about 70+ tools.
- Software repos of this operating systems are regularly updated.
- It is very stable and has a nice user interface.
Download BackBox here.>https://backbox.org/download Parrot OS
- Parrot is a Security GNU/Linux distribution designed with cloud pentesting and IoT security in mind.
- Parrot Security includes a full arsenal of security oriented tools to perform penetration tests.
- Parrot includes by default TOR, I2P, anonsurf and some other tools for anonymity.
- Parrot Security OS is developed by Frozenbox’s team
Download Parrot here.>https://www.parrotsec.org/download.fx
- Bugtraq is Pentesting and Forensics GNU/Linux Distribution for ethical hackers.
- It contains more than 500 Ethical Security Hacking tools installed and configured.
- Bugtraq team also have some other projects like Bugtroid and Black Widow.
- It is very optimized and stable.
Download Bugtraq here.>http://bugtraq-team.com/downloads.html
- BlackArch Linux is an Arch Linux-based penetration testing distribution for penetration testers and security researchers.
- It has about 1500 tools installed and configured.
- BlackArch has a very nice user interface.
- BlackArch is a new OS so it have some bugs but that can be resolved easily.
Download BlackArch here.>http://blackarch.org/downloads.html