Last week I got thinking about past lovers. I’ve been ill for two days and I was shivering still. Feverish, I had very vivid visions of all my painful experiences with all my past lovers. Whenever I closed my eyes, a daunting memory would cross my mind and the memories were so powerful that I felt as I was relieving them again.
“Why is this happening?” I wondered. My heart was beating anxiously, so I tried to take deep breaths to calm myself down. I realized that this cold wasn’t like any previous cold, it was something different. My mind was ceaselessly downloading memories from my past lovers and it clogged my mind and overwhelmed my soul.
I couldn’t breathe. My heart was filled with old emotional wounds and pains. I am a strong woman, but that night I felt more fragile than ever. The sickness had literally brought me to my knees. I watched myself as the tears started streaming down my face and I couldn’t stop them.
Then, I realized that I needed to do some emotional cleaning because I was suffering from chronic negative energetic/etheric cords. And it was finally time to cut those cords because they affected my emotional, physical, and spiritual health.
An etheric cord is an energy structure that connects to our energy bodies (chakras, aura etc.). We form etheric cords with everyone that we are close with. The cords serve as a channel of communication between us and the other person, and if the relationship is a healthy one, the energy will be calming and pleasing.
But, if the relationship is toxic, the negative vibes stay in the cord, and that’s why we are unable to fully move on and we get stuck in the past.
Here are the symptoms of negative cording:
– Repeated conversations in your head with a particular person;
– Daily arguments in your mind with the person;
– Being tempted to get back with them even though the relationship was toxic;
– Having troubles sleeping because of your constant processing of the past;
– A desire for revenge, or thinking that you are constantly being treated unfairly;
– Turning invitations and offers down because you are not interested in anything;
– Inability to cease obsessing and thinking about that person;
– Remembering often their words, their judgment, and criticism towards you;
– Getting emotional over past memories – i.e. we used to eat at this restaurant;
– Stalking them on social media;
– Deep feelings of anger, sadness, and depression;
– Being an emotional wreck and crying a lot.
Then, I began writing down the names of all people that I wanted to cut chords with. The first name that I wrote down was the name of my first boyfriend. I closed my eyes and I said: “We are not together anymore, Alex. You cannot hurt me anymore. I am free to do what I wish.”
I opened my eyes and I felt as a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Then I burned the piece of paper with his name on it as I whispered slowly, “I release you.” That’s how I managed to cut the etheric cord with him
Cutting cords, I believe, should be an intentional process and we should do it regularly. Just as we shower daily to clean out the physical body, we should take care of our emotional body as well and clean our energy regularly.
We all have the power within us to release ourselves from all the pain and negativity and to cut cords with anyone that we want. If you are still unable to cut cords with someone, it means that you are still not ready for it. Perhaps, there are still some lessons that you need to learn first.
Here’s how you can successfully cut cords with anyone and release your emotional attachment to them.
1. Write a letter to the person with whom you want to cut cords.
2. Close your eyes and all out their full name to summon their energy.
3. Read the letter out loud as if they were in front of you.
4. Burn the letter.
5. Place your hands over your heart and whisper the words, “I release you. I am no longer emotionally attached to you. You are free to go.”
In the next few days, you may notice signs that the person wants to contact you, but your job is to say “No.”
Don’t hesitate cutting negative cords with people. Freedom awaits you. Free from pain and negativity, you can finally become the person you’ve always wanted to become.