Typosquatting, also called URL hijacking, a sting site, or a fake URL, is a form of cybersquatting, and possibly brandjacking which relies on mistakes such as typographical errors made by Internet users when inputting a website address into a web browser. Should a user accidentally enter an incorrect website address, they may be led to any URL (including an alternative website owned by a cybersquatter).
http://tools.kali.org/information-gathering/urlcrazy Generate and test domain typos and variations to detect and perform typo squatting, URL hijacking, phishing, and corporate espionage.
- Generates 15 types of domain variants
- Knows over 8000 common misspellings
- Supports cosmic ray induced bit flipping
- Multiple keyboard layouts (qwerty, azerty, qwertz, dvorak)
- Checks if a domain variant is valid
- Test if domain variants are in use
- Estimate popularity of a domain variant